Sarah Atkinson, Associate Director of the Centre for Medical Humanities, has written to Durham Vice-Chancellor Professor Chris Higgins to request the University reject a donation of £125,000 from a tobacco firm to help fund scholarships for women from Afghanistan. Download her Letter to Professor Chis Higgins re British American Tobacco and read more about this issue on the BBC Web Site and the Durham University student newspaper, Palatinate. The CMH Smoking Interest Group has also written to the Vice-Chancellor urging ‘the University to reject all offers of money from the tobacco industry, for whatever purpose.’ Their letter is here.
UK Blog Awards 2014
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Exhibition by people with neurological impairments: “In the Realm of Others”
- Book announcement – Work, psychiatry and society, c. 1750-2010
- Medical Humanities at Umeå University, Sweden – a Special Issue of Kulturella Perspektiv (Cultural Perspectives)
- Disability and Disciplines: The International Conference on Educational, Cultural, and Disability Studies (CfP, Conference, 1-2 July 2014)
- Reminder: British Society for Literature and Science (CfP, Liverpool, 16-18 April 2014)