Reference Number 1453
Location Durham City
Faculty/Division Social Sciences and Health
Department School of Medicine and Health
Grade Grade 7
Position Type Full Time
Contract Type Fixed Term
Salary (£) 30122 – 35938
Closing Date 23 March 2012
Responsible to: CMH Directors
Responsible for: Development and administrative work relating to grant development within the CMH.
Job Summary and Purpose:
The PDRA will work with the four directors of CMH and possibly other members of staff, on collaborative grant proposals that are under development. Three discrete projects are currently in the early stages of development and the post holder will be expected to work on any two at one time. The post will involve finding, reviewing and summarising relevant literature, organising and minuting meetings of research teams, liaising with potential funders, writing grant proposals. The post holder is expected to be comfortable with interdisciplinary team working and able to deal with literature and methodologies spanning the humanities and social sciences. The post will involve at least 0.1 FTE per week for the PDRA to develop publications related to their own research.
This post is for a year only.
• To undertake and collate literature summaries and reviews;
• to assist with preparing research grant proposals;
• to organise and take minutes of research group meetings;
• to liaise between the research lead and academic office;
• to liaise between the research group and potential funders;
• to liaise between the research group and research partners and collaborators;
• to maintain a database of contacts;
• to ensure that tasks are undertaken within agreed timescales
• to undertake any other tasks as required by the co-directors of the Centre
Closing date: March 23. Further details and instructions on how to apply are available here.