News just circulated through the Medical Humanities Research Network Scotland (MHRNS): The AHRC was at Edinburgh University on Friday 20th July 2012 to consult on the future of its various thematic priorities. Among other things mentioned at this meeting, it was noted that the AHRC will be part of a joint UK-US call on the topic of health humanities. This call is expected to be announced in the autumn 2012, will be for networking funding (as opposed to large projects), and will be issued jointly by the AHRC, Wellcome Trust, and US-based National Endowment for the Humanities. At the same meeting, the AHRC also mentioned that may run a separate UK-only call on health humanities, this time with just the Wellcome Trust, but details about this are still being discussed.
UK Blog Awards 2014
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Exhibition by people with neurological impairments: “In the Realm of Others”
- Book announcement – Work, psychiatry and society, c. 1750-2010
- Medical Humanities at Umeå University, Sweden – a Special Issue of Kulturella Perspektiv (Cultural Perspectives)
- Disability and Disciplines: The International Conference on Educational, Cultural, and Disability Studies (CfP, Conference, 1-2 July 2014)
- Reminder: British Society for Literature and Science (CfP, Liverpool, 16-18 April 2014)