It is our pleasure to invite you to the first international meeting on “Doctors think. Doctors feel. Doctors do: Well-being and performance in clinical practice“. The meeting will explore how health professional burnout and wellbeing are related to different aspects of medical performance in terms of clinical decision making, communication in clinical practice, and medical error. The WELL-Med conference will take place between May 28th – June 1st in Alexandroupolis, in the unexplored North Coast of Greece.
- Charles A. Vincent, Professor of Clinical Safety Research, Imperial College London, UK
- Christina Maslach, Professor of Psychology, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Eileen Gambrill, Professor of Social Welfare, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Mary Catherine Beach, Associate Professor, School of Medicine, John Hopkins University
- Jean Wallace, Professor of Sociology, University of Calgary, Canada
- Deborah Kirklin, Editor of the BMJ journal Medical Humanities, UCL, UK
- Jane Lemaire, MD, Vice-Chair of Physician Wellness and Vitality, University of Calgary, Canada
- Liselotte N. Dyrbye, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, USA
- Hardeep Singh, MD, Chief of Health Policy and Quality Program, Houston VA Health Services, USA
- Aneez Esmail, Professor of General Practice, University of Manchester, UK
- Lynn Monrouxe, Director of Medical Education Research, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, UK
- Arnstein Finset, Professor of Behavioural Sciences and biopsychosocial research, faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, Norway
- Ann Bowling, Professor of Health Sciences, University of Southampton, UK
- Carola Orrego, Projects Director on Patient Safety, Avedis Donabedian Research Institute, University Autonomous of Barcelona
- Jane Carthey, Human Factors Specialist, Jane Carthey Consulting, UCLH NHS Hospitals Foundation Trust, London, UK
- Harold Thimbleby, Department of Computer Science, Swansea University, UK
The deadline for abstract submission is October 15th. Please visit our website for abstract submission guidelines.
Looking forward to welcoming you to WELL-Med 2014 in Greece.
Dr. Efharis Panagopoulou