UK Blog Awards 2014
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Exhibition by people with neurological impairments: “In the Realm of Others”
- Book announcement – Work, psychiatry and society, c. 1750-2010
- Medical Humanities at Umeå University, Sweden – a Special Issue of Kulturella Perspektiv (Cultural Perspectives)
- Disability and Disciplines: The International Conference on Educational, Cultural, and Disability Studies (CfP, Conference, 1-2 July 2014)
- Reminder: British Society for Literature and Science (CfP, Liverpool, 16-18 April 2014)
Tag Archives: Ian Hacking
‘Made Up People’: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Labelling and the Construction of People in Post-War History (Conference, Warwick, 25 October 2013)
Registration has now opened for those wishing to attend a one-day conference on ‘Made Up People’: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Labelling and the Construction of People in Post-War History to be held in the Institute of Advanced Studies at the University … Continue reading
A podcast of Professor Ian Hacking’s ‘Making Up Autism’ – Inaugural C. L. Oakley Lecture in Medicine and the Arts, University of Leeds, 13 May 2013 – is now available here.
Professor Ian Hacking: ‘”Making Up People’ Reconsidered” MEA House Auditorium, Northumbria University 15 May 2013, 10.30 am – 12 pm As part of a series of workshops for the Leverhulme-funded project “Fashionable Diseases: Medicine, Literature and Culture” at the Universities … Continue reading
Ian Hacking will give the C.I. Oakley memorial lecture in Medicine and the Arts, entitled ‘Making Up Autism’, at 5.15 on Monday May 13th in the Rupert Beckett Lecture Theatre, Michael Sadler Building, University of Leeds (see building 78 on … Continue reading