|Could you be our next Engagement Fellow? Applications now open|
|Left to right: Engagement Fellows Greg Foot, Lavinia Greenlaw and Alasdair Hopwood.|
Now in its fourth year, our Engagement Fellowships scheme aims to support and develop upcoming stars in public engagement with science.
You have until 21 February 2014 to apply for an Engagement Fellowship, which provides the freedom, resources and environment to enable exceptional people to develop their skills and practice in encouraging the public to examine, explore and debate the big scientific challenges that society faces.
We are looking for individuals with a strong track record of engaging the public with ideas around biomedical science and/or medical humanities, who want to make a step-change in their careers. Previously-funded Engagement Fellows are:
Applicants should have at least three years’ experience (full- or part-time) engaging the public with science and must be based in the UK or the Republic of Ireland.
Preliminary applications must be submitted by 21 February 2014. More information can be found on the Engagement Fellowships page.
To speak to a member of the team, contact us at:
UK Blog Awards 2014
- Food as medicine: biosocialities of eating in health and illness (CfP, ASA panel, Oxford, 18-21 Sept) centreformedicalhumanities.org/food-as-medici… 13 hours ago
- The Affective Aesthetics of the Body in Pain (CfP, Special Issue: The Polish Journal of Aesthetics) centreformedicalhumanities.org/the-affective-… 13 hours ago
- Mind Reading 2018 - Mental Health and the Written Word (Conference, Birmingham, 18-19 Jun) centreformedicalhumanities.org/mind-reading-2… 13 hours ago
- If you missed “The world of #apps: digital transformation in the #NHS” catch the full webinar here… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @SurgicalEmotion: Last week we held our first public engagement event - looking at pain, art and surgery - in the @ExploreWellcome Readi… 2 days ago
- Exhibition by people with neurological impairments: “In the Realm of Others”
- Book announcement – Work, psychiatry and society, c. 1750-2010
- Medical Humanities at Umeå University, Sweden – a Special Issue of Kulturella Perspektiv (Cultural Perspectives)
- Disability and Disciplines: The International Conference on Educational, Cultural, and Disability Studies (CfP, Conference, 1-2 July 2014)
- Reminder: British Society for Literature and Science (CfP, Liverpool, 16-18 April 2014)